HALLOWEEN COSTUME GUIDELINES - Monday, October 31
Students K-8 should not wear their costumes to school. Students will have an opportunity to change into their costumes after lunch. Each Team will designate a costume change time. The morning will be school as usual.
High School Students can wear their costumes to school.
NO CLOWN COSTUMES. Adams 12 has had threats of violence from scary clowns and although there is no evidence the threats are credible; we are joining the district in enforcing a no clown holiday this year.
New 5-12 Carline Map
Volunteer Background Checks
To ensure the highest level of safety and security for our students, Westgate will require all volunteers who work in the school during school hours or chaperone field trips/overnight events to undergo a background check. This service will include Colorado State background and National Crime Index which includes the national sex offender registry.
We believe this additional step of security provides the safest environment for our kids.
The charge for the background check in $19. Before volunteering, payment must be received and the background check must be complete. Most are complete in 48 hours.
From the 2016-17 Student/Community Handbook:
Beginning in 2016-2017, all volunteers are required to have a background check. Teachers MAY NOT have any parents in to their class or on a field trip who are not on the approved list. Volunteers need only complete background check once. Westgate cannot accept outside background checks. All checks must be completed through Westgate’s system.
Westgate Curriculum Scope and Sequence
The Westgate Staff has been building a school-wide curriculum scope and sequence for every subject area as part of our professional development this year. These spreadsheets are meant to help parents understand what units are being taught by each teacher at each grade level throughout the school year. Parents will also see how skills and standards build across the grade levels.
We have added all quarters for this year to the file "Westgate Curriculum Scope and Sequence" to the right (at the bottom). Our hope is that this information will ensure every Westgate student has a comprehensive educational program throughout their time at Westgate.
Revolution Foods Lunch Program
How To Order Revolution Foods Lunches
1. From the Westgate School website, go to the Parent Home Page, Lunches.
2. Click on the link for each week you would like to order lunch.
3. Complete the form by entering your student’s information and choosing a lunch for each day. If you do not want to order a lunch for a certain day, please select “No Lunch Today.”
4. Print a copy for your records before submitting.
5. Click “Submit” at the bottom of the form. Once you have submitted, you cannot print or edit. Westgate also cannot print or edit your order.
6. Fill out and submit a form for each student who would like to order each week.
7. Orders are due by 5:00 p.m. on Monday for the following week.
8. Payment is due at the time the order is submitted. Pay by cash or check in the drop box or online using the school store.
These are the mindfulness Apps from the presentation on Tuesday, August 18. Some of them are free others have a small fee. Please let me know if there are others that should be added to the list.
›Stop, Breathe and Think
›Time Out Free
Interested in Becoming a Chicken Tender?
Please contact Ms. Valenza, firstname.lastname@example.org , if you are interested in being trained to be a chicken tender. Once trained, you and your family will be able to come mornings or evenings to help care for our chicken friends.
Policies & Agreements
Medication Forms, Health Updates, Letters to Parents, etc.
2015-2016 Student/Family Calendar
Student Hanbook, District Handbook, Communication Pathways
2015-16 Director's Address
Volunteer Background Check Form
Videos and Podcasts